Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It has been a long time....

Hello! I am back from my trip to IOWA! Above you can see some of my adventures in the car, I figured out how to open my mom's pretty lip stuff, played with lots of toys and mostly SLEPT! My parents don't know how good they've got it.
This is the small hotel we stayed in for 10 days. You can pretty much see the whole room right here, well except for the bathroom. I found out what my mom and dad do after they put me to bed - they watch TV all night. On this trip I watched TV with them, they couldn't put me in another room and they didn't fool me with the lights out and not moving or looking at me.
We ate interesting food while we were in Iowa. Let's just say it was not exactly mom's cooking. I found some new favorites and stayed by some old favorites. I have always loved and will always love grapes. I am pretty convinced that anything from a straw is going to be good - pop, smoothies, chocolate milk, I haven't had anything from a straw that has been bad. As noted in the bottom right corner of the collage I decided Ketchup was good enough to not only dip but drink.
We were in Iowa for my Dad to take a short course related to his PhD. So he went to school everyday like normal and mom worked from her computer while I napped but between naps mom and I had time to kill. We went on lots of walks around campus and went to some cool place called Ramien Gardens. Mom and I also went shopping I had to show you the shoes my mom picked out for my dad. It is the exact same pair of shoes only four years difference. I think it was past time for the shoes what do you think?
On the way home we saw some good friends, went to the temple and Winter Quarters, St. Louis Zoo, and Nashville. In Nashville it was the weekend of the CMA and there were lots of booths outside one of which was WipeOut from TV - it was fun to see.
We had a great time but are glad to be home. My mom said the only thing she misses is the Maid Service.

2 comments:

  1. We love the show "Wipe Out" It's pretty much the only show we watch.
    We're glad you made it back safe. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute picts. Looks like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete