Monday, September 27, 2010

Miss B Says....

So Miss B is always entertaining me. Maybe it is because I am her mom that I find her so amusing. Or maybe it is her facial expressions paired with what she is saying. Whatever it is it makes me laugh. Maybe it will make you laugh too.

Example1:
The other day she was talking about her Barbie's "Beauful dress." I then tried to help her say beautiful with all of the syllables. We practiced together and then I said the whole word for her to repeat after me. She then said "Beauful, thats my name."
Example 2:
On Monday she was asking for a snack. I asked if she was interested in peanut butter and celery. She told me she didn't like celery. She opened the fridge herself to find something more appetizing and picked up an onion wrapped in tinfoil. I told her that was an onion and she wouldn't like it. She said "no, I like onion." So I let her take it to the table and unwrap it wondering what she would do - was she going to eat it like an apple, I even went and got my camera ready. She unwrapped it and as soon as she saw the outside layer she said "I don't like onion, I like crackers." Here is the sad face she gave me as she pushed the onion away.
Example 3:
Once you let your little girl watch Cinderella - it is all over. Since watching this movie she continually talks about princes, and princesses, dancing, and mostly about getting married. She has a few Barbie dolls and is always having them get married.

One day she came to me talking nonsensical things about the above then declared. "Mom, we need to buy a Prince!"

Then a little bit later as she played with Jessi, (from Toy Story, who all the Barbie dolls marry. I guess because she is the only one in pants?) she informed me, "We need to buy Woody and Buzz too."
Example 4:
So K leaves for school before she wakes up, it is just the two of us eating breakfast together. After I blessed the food on Thursday. She told me "Mom, forgot to bless daddy at school." So before she would eat we had to say another prayer.

Example 5:
Tuesday I was cleaning up the kitchen while she finished her lunch. I stopped loading the dishwasher to clean a big bowl by hand in the sink. After a few minutes she said while shaking her finger at me, "Mom don't play in the sink."

These are some real "B" smiles - rarely captured in a picture. Many of you that know her know that she has a patented scowl that more readily appears than a smile but when she wants she will give you a good smile. I am so happy that I finally captured it.
Example 6:
So H has a little stuffiness in her nose and we have been helping her breath by using saline solution and the bulb sucker thingy. Anyway she doesn't like it and cries while we do it. B hates this. Every time we do it she gets a worried face and says "Stop mom. That is my sister stop!"

Example 7: (this is the last one I promise I could go on all day)
These are more general. When she is doing something she probably shouldn't, sometimes I say "Hey what do you think your doing." So at times like this or other times she thinks she might be getting in trouble she'll plead innocent and say "I dunno." laugh and walk away.
Her latests favorite words are "That's enough" and she also says "not" to things instead of no. Like, it is time to get ready for bed, she come back with not.

Ok this one is half real and half cheese, but still cute.

5 comments:

  1. Cute stories. I was smiling/chucking through them all. I love the picture of her smiling. She looks so beau-ti-ful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. And little kids are cute whether they are your own or not. So I smiled at all of B's sayings. They just all say such funny things. One thing I've learned is to make sure to always write them down. (I actually bought a little journal for that purpose) I've found that I've forgotten so many of the cute things Natalie used to say. Hey, post some pictures of your cute baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute! I think you need to change your blog to "The World According to B!" :) Kids are so funny - this is a great age. Enjoy it! (I think you are :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all her sayings. So fun. My favorite was "no playing in the sink." too cute.

    ReplyDelete