Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No one does it better...

Miss B is by far the best at getting these incredible smiles/giggles from miss H.
Most of the time I get looks like the below picture, which are still cute to me but not near as fun.An update on Miss H: she is getting better at sitting, rolling, playing with toys and eating rice cereal. She is getting vicious at meal time and can pinch and pull my hair really hard - mostly because I am too slow getting situated.

An update on Miss B: she is learning ABCs (you should hear her sing the song, it is really cute what parts she chooses to include on different days and her different pronunciations.) She is attending a co-op type "preschool." A group of girls from church all rotate hosting and we make up our own curriculum. Miss B is in LOVE with preschool. Sunday afternoon was full of:
B: "mom can we go to preschool"
me: "no preschool isn't until tomorrow"
B: "after night time?"
Me "yes"
Then through the rest of the evening we had these question repeated many times.
B "is it nighttime yet?"
B "I want to wake up and go to preschool."
B "Can we go to my friends house for preschool?"
To distract her from counting every second until the sun went down she helped me make some cookies. (ok you got me, distracting her was not my only motivation for making cookies:o)) Anytime we put something in the oven she needs to see it after the door is closed. She is always asking me to turn the oven light on. She had a look only a kid can get of pure fascination and excitement when she saw the cookies in the oven and almost plastered her self to the oven trying to get a better look. I ran to get my camera but the moment had passed, plus the flash would make it so you couldn't see inside the oven. So here is the best picture I could come up with, maybe some day I will read my camera's owner's manual.

3 comments:

  1. I wish you guys lived here. B and Emily would get along so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss H. is soo cute! And that's so fun that you are doing a preschool group with other moms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute pictures! I love the whole co-op preschool thing. Very nice for the kids. (and very nice for mom to have one less child for an hour or two.)

    ReplyDelete